(GSoC 2014) KDE Telepathy/Telegram Network Support

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Tue Mar 11 23:52:02 UTC 2014

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 11:31 PM, Алексей Андреев <
yetanotherandreyev at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello!
> My name is Alexey Andreyev,
> I want to take part at GSoC 2014, if it's not too late.
> So I want to select a project and write a proporsal and here's my drafts:
> About me: http://andreyev-kde-notes.blogspot.com/p/about-me.html (in
> short: first year graduate, very small Qt/QML experience).
> My plans for GSoC 2014 and future KDE contributing:
> http://andreyev-kde-notes.blogspot.com/p/i-want-to-take-part-in-gsoc-2014-to.html(in short: I have about 8 ideas, that really like and want to work for
> selected project for all summer)
> My thoughts about Telegram Network Support:
> http://andreyev-kde-notes.blogspot.com/2014/03/kde-telepathytelegram-network-support.html(in short: I agree this service can became popular).
> I use my blog as draft to write GSoC proposals. I guess it is a great
> start to contribute to and going to continue work with KDE even if I'm not
> ready for GSoC yet. Also I will be very happy if some of my ideas are ok
> and will be accepted by someone else, who could implement it better than me.
> I'm open to any remarks, advices and answers, thank you!
> Excuse me, if I made some mistakes or it's too late.

Even though there's lots of literature in this blog, I don't really see why
you're the person for the job. Actually the fact that you want to do 8 of
the proposals is not really helpful. You should choose one (or 2, tops) and
give love to them.

In this precise subject, I'd like to see that you looked at the proposal
and know what it's about. Personally, I did go through it and got slightly
scared. At least you shouldn't take it lightly, you're not expected to be a
super telepathy+telegram hacker but we want to see you have an in-sight and
that we will end up with a capable project. Talk about decisions to take
and steps to be done, at a technical level.

Hope this helps,
Aleix