Project Draft Video Conferencing in Telepathy

Mayank Jha mayank25080562 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 06:34:36 UTC 2014

Update changeset : 1

The objective is to implement multiple video calls, or  a conference, using
the current TelepathyQt library.

Currently one can have multiple one-on-one audio/video chats, using the
shared desktop library.

The Farstream library in itself provides the conferencing feature, with its
complete API well described. And also the telepathy-farstream wrapper over
this library is well built covering all features. So we would be making use
of the the API, to establish a conference call.
The FsConference object is the main conference object, which would be
handling the FsSessions. Each session would be allocated to a participant.

For the UI, there would be multiple video sink widgets of equal size in the
main window container, and there would be only one audio sink per
participant.

Please suggest any naive errors I made in the above mentioned approach, and
suggest improvements.