Trying to make a SIP call with ktp on Kubuntu Trusty

Julius Schwartzenberg julius.schwartzenberg at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 19:21:02 UTC 2014

David Edmundson wrote:
> _mcd_handler_map_set_handler_crashed
>
> that's obviously not supposed to happen. That means the call-ui is
> crashing on load.
>
> On Kubuntu they made some changes to make phonon-gstreamer use
> gstreamer 1.0. We're still on gstreamer 0.10, trying to load both in
> the same application it explodes.

KTp really depends both on Phonon and on GStreamer directly?

> Theoretically changing to phonon-vlc so it doesn't bring in any other
> random gstreamer nonsense might work...not sure.

I just installed phonon-vlc and it's using that as the default now, but
it doesn't seem to make a difference.

> If you're willing to compile things,
> http://community.kde.org/KTp/Tasks/NewCallUI

I'll try to see how far I will get with the compilation. But it would be
nice to have a PPA. It seems sad it's broken by default on the fresh
Kubuntu LTS release now.

> Otherwise I'm afraid you're out of luck until 0.9 I'm afraid.

Any idea when it will be released? :)

Best regards,
Julius