Trying to make a SIP call with ktp on Kubuntu Trusty

Julius Schwartzenberg julius.schwartzenberg at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 20:50:02 UTC 2014

Hi,

I've been trying to establish a SIP call from ktp on my Kubuntu Trusty
system, but I tend to run into problems quickly with it. I am using the
provided packages from the regular Ubuntu repositories (version 0.8.1).

First it turned out it was using the wrong SIP stack, libpurple. On IRC
I received help to let it use the Rakia stack. I could not connect to
any SIP server outside of my local network, but now I am connected to a
local SIP server.

When I try to make a call, nothing happens after clicking the 'voice
call' button. In ktp-debugger I get lines like these:
25-06-14 22:40:25.288991 - [mcd] _mcd_handler_map_set_handler_crashed:
/org/freedesktop/Telepathy/Connection/sofiasip/sip/_3620_40fritz_2ebox/CallChannel0
lost its handler :1.174
25-06-14 22:40:25.289005 - [mcd] _mcd_handler_map_set_handler_crashed:
Closing channel
/org/freedesktop/Telepathy/Connection/sofiasip/sip/_3620_40fritz_2ebox/CallChannel0

Is it all supposed to work already or are these issues expected? How
could I get more information on what is going wrong here?

Thanks in advance!
Julius