ktp-call-ui progress

Diane Trout diane at ghic.org
Thu Jan 16 06:59:32 UTC 2014

Hi,

I finished chopping QtGstreamer into smaller, hopefully easier to review
patches.
https://github.com/detrout/qt-gstreamer/tree/1.0-proposed

Using that I tried to update kamoso to use QtGstreamer 1.0.
https://github.com/detrout/kamoso
I was able to at least take video and photos.

And then I started in on ktp-call-ui.

Using my QtGstreamer (above), a slightly changed telepathy-qt
https://github.com/detrout/telepathy-qt/tree/farstream-0.2-port

and a more changed ktp-call-ui
https://github.com/detrout/ktp-call-ui/tree/gst-1.0-port

I was able to make a call from Jitsi (on OSX) to KTP using a SIP server hosted
on the same network. Audio successfully went from KTP to Jitsi, but I don't
think KTP could play audio it was receiving. It could've been a sound setting
being wrong, but was more likely a GStreamer pipeline was wrong

I was trying to install everything into a kde/inst/master tree, however cmake
was still picking up old versions of gstreamer and farstream from
/usr/include. I got around that by manually editing the CMakeCache.txt file
and pointing at the right library and include paths.

Future work:
  Fix playing sound.
  Work on video.
  Improve cmake install & package find.
  Add feedback features to ktp-call-ui like microphone / speaker peak levels
  and video loop back.

Diane