How do I set the global status message of all accounts in Telepathy ?

Ahmed Khalil ahmedibrahimkhali at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 16:46:29 UTC 2014

Hi Martin,

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 6:29 PM, Martin Klapetek <martin.klapetek at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 5:18 PM, Ahmed Khalil <ahmedibrahimkhali at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>>
>> I'm working on integrating Choqok with KDE-Telepathy's status message [1].
>>
>> I'd like to ask, is there a way that I can set the global status message
>> in KTP ?
>>
>> I've searched in the qdbusviewer under "telepathy", but I couldn't find
>> something related to global status  messages.
>>

> No, Telepathy itself does not have the concept of global presence. What
> you'd have to do is set
> the presence to each account separately, you can do that using just
> telepathy-qt library. I'm not
> sure if you can achieve the same just over dbus.

But this approach would add dependency on telepathy-qt library to Choqok,
and I don't think that the author is going to be okay with that.

Anyway, I'd like to know how can I set the status message of an account
using telepathy-qt ? as  I'm thinking hopefully of checking the
implementation of the method inside telepathy-qt and see how the underlying
DBus call is made.

Cheers