Accounts handling in Plasma 5

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Wed Aug 27 15:34:19 UTC 2014

On Wednesday 27 August 2014 17:26:54 David Edmundson wrote:
> > Then there's the fact that this makes KTp hard-depend on the Accounts-SSO
> > framework starting with frameworks
> I'm not particularly comfortable with this.
>
> If it becomes a major component of workspace adopted by all with all
> relevant parts are all merged properly into workspace/extragear, all
> should be OK.
>
> If this ends up with KTp depending on some unmerged playground repos,
> I will be really disappointed.

KAccounts should be really really pushed inside KDE and Plasma. It's
ridiculous that currently one has to set up GMail, Google Calendar and
Hangouts separately within KDE applications. People are used to just set up
their Google account only once from their phones, for example. Heck, even the
N9 already had this!
I really wonder why this hasn't gained more traction within KDE yet. Maybe all
projects are waiting for others to do it?