[Kde-pim] Libkpeople 0.1 release

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at redhat.com
Mon Sep 16 13:56:47 UTC 2013

On Sunday 15 of September 2013 00:40:21 David Edmundson wrote:
> Hey,
>
> We're planning on making a release of libkpeople next week *. We've
> been fixing all problems we know of in the main model, and we're ready
> to optionally use it from within KTp.
>
> It doesn't have everything promised/needed for a final release and
> some parts I am definitely not happy with code-wise. However,
> development has really stagnated. If we don't release it soon it is in
> danger of becoming abandonware. Us using it should hopefully drive
> development enough to make it PIM-ready.
>
> We don't have API or even source code stability, but given it's called
> 0.1 and in playground and being uploaded to the unstable folder no-one
> should really expect that. (right?)
>
> Any objections from your side?

Hi,

KPeople is an awesome technology and I don't think that API instability is an
issue, especially when this is released as a tech preview (and with a big red
blinking warning "unstable" :-) ), so no objections from my side.

I'm using KPeople-enabled build of KTp and it works pretty well there too, so
it's probably not that bad with source instability either :)

Cheers,
Dan