Building up to the 0.7 Release

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Fri Sep 13 13:24:19 UTC 2013

As far as I know all major problems are now fixed \o/.
*except an assert on an invalidIndex.. worst case I remove the assert :)

I have been stress testing it for a while without problems. The UI is
nice, frankly I prefer using this mode.

My proposed plan is as follows:
- release with libkpeople *encouraged*.

- market it as "setting the building blocks for the future, but want
you to get the early benefits now"
(i.e it doesn't have all the other things libkpeople is meant to help
do .. the "show info" is sparse and we don't have the preferred
alias/preferred photo etc. but it's still better than not having it.
Might spark some development too)

- shift the beta back by a week (and therefore everything else too)
   We need to do this, because:
   * We have been completely abusing the feature freeze this week,
there's a lot of new stuff.
   * I need to email pim about releasing 0.1 of libkpeople or 0.0.90
for the beta.
   * I'm waiting to hear back on an important email Sven sent to the
main Tp ML about socks proxies. Which could affect what we do in our
code.

Thoughts?