Need some help for final fix to the presence not restored

Weng Xuetian wengxt at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 21:42:01 UTC 2013

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 3:26 PM, David Edmundson <david at davidedmundson.co.uk
> wrote:

> > I wonder did I miss use AutomaticPresence
>
> Yes, you are about the 5th person in a row to do so.
> I was also one of these people.
>
> automatic presence is used in conjunction with connectsAutomatically
> and is used to connect an account when doing
> account->ensureTextChannel() on an offline account.
> This is useful on the Nokia phones to connect the phone CM when you
> start a call and so on.
>
> If a requested presence is set this takes priority over
> automaticPresence. Automatic presence and connectsAutomatically are
> not used resuming from suspend or when getting a network connection.

So there can be a moment that, network is just about to disconnect, but
isOnline is still true (due to some call are still on the fly or whatever
reason), and screensaver is on just in time hence there is a
setRequestPresence(Away) call issued?

..so do you think

http://paste.kde.org/p15ed68b8

is a proper solution to the problem?

or the more complex version?
http://paste.kde.org/pd132f455

which handle the back to connected status by account instead of global
connection status.

I'd like to post only one patch to reviewboard but I just can't decide
which version to use..