A new set up script

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Fri Sep 6 12:16:40 UTC 2013

I've been working on a script that eases setting up a KTp dev environment.

The target is the user who wants to hack on KTp, but not the person
who builds everything from srcbuild themselves anyway (they don't need
any help, they can figure it out themselves)

Basically it replaces the existing "getting set up" script we have and
replaces it by one that uses kdesrc-build, installing to a local
directory.
kdesrc-build is awesome.

It then installs a small script to /etc/profile.d to set up the
environment in a way that makes dbus activation still work \o/.
(mostly stolen from afiestas)

It's available at
git://anongit.kde.org/scratch/davidedmundson/ktp-bootstrap

Once I've had some (positive) feedback I'll replace the getting setup
wiki page to be simply "get this, run this".

Ideally I'll also have a list of dependencies per distro that people
can copy + pasta.

David