RFC: KPeople Mode - What Should We Do

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Fri Nov 8 09:10:09 UTC 2013

On Monday 04 November 2013 15:32:23 Vishesh Handa wrote:
> On Friday 01 Nov 2013 09:37:14 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> > I was one of those people who ended up with an empty contact list after
> > the
> > upgrade. Simply running Nepomuk Cleaner fixed it for me!
> > Have you suggested that to the other reporters as well?
>
> Are you sure it was because you ran the Nepomuk Cleaner? Maybe it was just
> a simple restart. Because the Cleaner just merges duplicate contacts, cleans
> up orphaned contacts, and other miscellaneous things. It should not have
> any affect on an empty contact list.

You're right, it probably was a coincidence. I found out that when the contact
list is empty, going offline and online again usually fixes it (and I confused
this with Nepomuk Cleaner being the cause).
Usually the Contact List Plasmoid immediately shows everyone (I assume it uses
the non-KPeople-model?). However today after booting, the Plasmoid only showed
some contacts and the contact list window was empty. After going offline and
online again, both showed all contacts.