The 0.7 thread

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Thu May 16 11:56:45 UTC 2013

I've made 2 wiki pages.

Instructions on getting set up with libkpeople plus a badly written
list of tasks that need doing are here
http://community.kde.org/KTp/libkpeople

Contact me or Martin (or possibly Aleix ?) for details.

Also in preparation for the flood of annoying Nepomuk naysayers or
those suggesting we "just restore KIMProxy" I've made a wiki page
here:
http://community.kde.org/KTp/RepeatedDiscussions/Nepomuk please read,
review, edit.

I've not linked to it from the main "RepeatedDiscussions" page yet,
but we should be ready with a unified reply.

----

The main changes decided last week:
1) moving the model so that single contacts are still represented in a
tree structure

Person
 - Contact
Person
 - Contact
 - Contact
Person
-Contact

Whereas before it was

Contact
Person
-Contact
-Contact
Contact

---

2) libkpeople has a plugin system for actions and model data.
This allows for libkpeople to be built without a Telepathy dependency
but still show contact presences at runtime. This means it can enter
as a Tier 3 framework \o/
It's also a lot more future proof. This plugin system is now in place,
but all code still currently remains inside libkpeople for now.

David