The 0.7 thread

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Mon May 13 13:58:37 UTC 2013

Update on stuff:

 - A branch of auth handling using single-sign-on (Web Accounts) is
available in the branch sso. It ideally needs my patch in upstream
TpQt merging to simplify the code there. It also needs a Mission
Control plugin merging for account creation.  Alex Fiestas is due to
help work on this.

I am aiming for it to be an optional dependency in 0.7 depending on
whether SSO is available or not.

- Martin, Aleix and I have been working further on libkpeople' a
KDE-wide aggregation library for metacontacts. After a meeting things
got turned around (again!), but there has been substantial progress in
the past 2 weeks. It was quite fast and usable.

Hopefully Martin will blog/write here about progress and how to setup
- as we really need to open the development on this now we are past
the initial design phase. If he does not, please pester him on my
behalf.

I think this being an optional build in 0.7 also seems likely.

David