The 0.7 thread

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Wed Mar 27 13:52:42 UTC 2013

MY goals:

 - Immediate priority is to start working on kpeople branch. I have
taken a week off work which I'm spending with mck182 to push this
forward.

 - Fix the global presence as discussed above. I'll lead that unless
anyone else wants to.

 - Extend the contact list applet functions.

 - Try and push someone to maintain the contactlist-applet. (I have
someone in mind.. they pushed a patch.. they can take over)

 - Do something cool with MUC Dbus tubes.. we need to start demoing
this to show our software is more useful than Facebook chat etc. I
have an idea that I'll share later..

 - Have an investigation into dealing with new incoming chats. I've
heard of some people removing the approver so they don't miss chats.
This implies our software is somewhat broken.

 - Start using group chats more  and ideally make it less ugly/more
compact. Maybe we can find a new theme? Something a bit like:
https://www.hipchat.com/img/home/hero-image.png

 - I also want more of us to use ktp-call-ui instead of google
hangouts for private chats, I don't think we have enough users ATM.
Lets start using it ourselves more, and then we can hopefully work out
what we need to add/change to make it a bit better.

 - Get more people involved, and staying.

 - Blog more and make you guys do so too.

David