best place for a helper function

Alin M Elena alinm.elena at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 09:28:01 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am working on a small feature (set to gray offline users' avatars). For that I
have a small helper function to turn a pixmap in a grayscale image... As it
needs to be used in few places I would not duplicate the code all over (it is
against my non-religious beliefs), so what is the best place to put it?
Do we have a namespace in common internals for something like this?

regards,
Alin

here is the code:

avatarToGray(QPixmap &avatar)
{
    QImage image = avatar.toImage();
    QBitmap alphaMask=avatar.mask();
    for(int i=0;i<image.width();++i){
        for (int j=0;j<image.height();++j){
            int colour=qGray(image.pixel(i,j));
            image.setPixel(i, j, qRgb(colour,colour,colour));
        }
    }
    avatar=avatar.fromImage(image);
    avatar.setMask(alphaMask);