KPeople BoF notes

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 15:48:49 UTC 2013

Howdy all,

here's couple of notes from KPeople BoF we had at Akademy. We've also
decided to use kde-pim mailing list for KPeople coordination from now on,
so here's the first mail in that regard :)

Present were: Martin Klapetek, David Edmundson, Volker Krause, Kevin
Krammer, Aleix Pol, Vishesh Handa, Dan Vratil, Daniele Domenichelli and
someone who's name I can't remember, sorry :)

===

 - KPeople currently in playground, after few releases moved to frameworks
to Nepomuk's tier
 - QStandardItem still neeeds to be ported to QAbstractItemModel
 - PIM
    - we want to update kmail message view with avatar and actions from
KPeople
    - Emails autocompletition
       - simple model on top of simple model on top of simple model is
better than complex model
       - needs merging with external ldap model -> complex model in pim for
autocompletition
       - not fully clear how the final thing in pim will look like
       - autocompletition in korganizer, even attendees can be extended
with kpeople
    - address book will be eventually replaced with future person viewer
    - priority is address book and kmail
    - plan for new address book
       - develop in playground, when good enough, move to pim
 - use kde-pim mailing list & review group for further communication &
coordination
 - possible KPeople + IRC integration to be investigated by Eike Hein (with
Konversation)

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer