Status update on libkpeople merging

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Tue Jul 2 11:40:24 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 10:26 PM, David Edmundson <
david at davidedmundson.co.uk> wrote:

> Status update on the libkpeople work:
>
> The origin plan:
>  - merge all the important parts into common-internals
>  - contact-list should "just work" as-is, but without any new features
>  - we would then cherry pick changes from Martin's contact-list kpeople
> branch into master to get the added functionality he added (reviewing in
> small chunks)
>
> Work done:
>  - Main idea behind the merge is ready in a k-c-i branch called "kpeople".
> Switching between old list and personsModel seems to work, and code change
> is not too intrusive
>  - All the KTp-kpeople plugins are being merged into k-c-i, so kpeople is
> libk
>
> Current state:
>  - Not everything "just worked" as planned :D
>  - There's a crash in the grouping model/filter
>  - Contact list tooltips + context menu code needs a bit of work to cope
> with metacontacts.
>  - Metacontact delegate needs some more code porting in order to make it
> expand.
>
> Current priority tasks:
>  - Fix model crash (d_ed)
>  - Fix KTpTranslationProxy causing crashes because metacontacts pass a
> list of qvariants (mck182)
>  - Merge delegate expanding in CL (mck182)
>  - Get libkpeople ready for release (everyone?)

Update:
 - KPeople branch has been merged to master!
 - All crashes fixed (thanks to mck182 being awesome)

*It is now at a point where it would help to have more people running KTp
with libkpeople support*

(not at a level where we want to have distro packages...yet)

Current priority tasks:
 - Delegate expansion (mck182)
 - Context Menu on metacontacts (d_ed?)
 - Showing PersonsDetailsWidget
 - Fixing PersonDetailsWidget to show lots more information