Super Early GSOC Thread

George Kiagiadakis kiagiadakis.george at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 19:50:54 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 12:14 AM, David Edmundson
<david at davidedmundson.co.uk> wrote:

>> Does anyone have any ideas for projects?
>>
> I want some kick-ass demo of tubes. I ideally want my collaborative editor
> plugin in kate. To make us more than just "another IM client."

I think I've seen this idea before, more than once, and it turned out
to be more complicated than we thought... I don't know... Now we have
d-bus tubes, of course, which may change things.

> Unit testing our library? I'm not sure anyone would want to do that. Partly
> because it's boring, and partly because unit testing something with dbus
> stuff is very hard.

Maybe... For some people (like me), this could be very interesting as well...

> *Crazy idea* Could we get a student to work on TpQt and finish the CM
> bindings? I had a look, and quite a bit is done... the code is not /that/
> hard.

Awesome idea too, given that I doubt anybody will ever do that work
otherwise, and might also give us a new maintainer for telepathy-qt.
But it requires quite some skills...