Models Moving Plan

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Thu Jan 3 14:04:44 UTC 2013

On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 12:56 PM, David Edmundson
<david at davidedmundson.co.uk> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 2:22 AM, Daniel Vrátil <dvratil at redhat.com> wrote:
>> On Saturday 29 of December 2012 12:42:41 David Edmundson wrote:
>>> Update!
>>>
>>> ContactsList now has grouping restored!
>>>
>>> It behaves the same as before (toggling between accounts and groups)
>>> but a flat version will now be incredibly trivial to add. (there's a
>>> confirmed wishlist on this)
>>>
>>> In theory we should be on par with the existing ContactsModel, but
>>> this isn't quite the case.
>>>
>>> Known bugs:
>>>  - Missing numbers on GroupsModel showing how many people are available or
>>> not
>>
>> https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/108018/
>
> Thanks!
>>

>>>  - Sometimes I get duplicate entries in my model. Which is seriously
>>> bad..I think this is a bug in KTp::ContactManager or the list-model,
>>> not the grouping. As I saw it there first.
>>>
>>>  - I imagine drag + drop especially between groups is heavily broken.
>>>
>>>  - Models need namespacing, and d-pointerirising
>>>
>>> I want all these fixed _before_ merging.
>>> If you are testing this, please let me know if it works, or if you
>>> encounter any problems not listed here.
>>
>> I see one empty "contact" with Tp::Contact and Tp::Account both being null
>> pointers. Right-clicking the item does not show popup and double-click crashes
>> contact list. I can see it with any grouping type, so I assume it comes from
>> KTp::ContactListModel, not the proxy models.
>>
>> Can anyone reproduce this too?
>
> I get that only when grouping by account. It's what those debug lines
> (that I accidentally commited, which you removed in your reviewed
> patch) were all about. I have a contact with no account, or at least
> the groups model thinks I do.

That issue is now fixed.

DrDanz has just suggested a really really clever tweak to KTp::Contact
which makes the API a lot clearer, simpler and and I want that done
before merging to master.

The list of tasks left now are (asignee in brackets):
 * D&D
 * the bit in brackets of "Facebook (6/45)" doesnt' update (dan vratil)
 * d-pointers, docs and namespaces
 * showing empty accounts in the contact list (me)
 * DrDanz's suggested capability change (me)