Query regarding KTp::ContactGridWidget

Amandeep Singh aman.dedman at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 16:08:32 UTC 2013

Hello,

I am a student working on integrating krfb (KDE Remote Desktop Sharing
application) with KDE Telepathy, as part of my project under the Season of
KDE program.

We plan to show a list of telepathy contacts with desktop sharing
capability on krfb's main window. For this purpose we were planning to use
KTp::ContactGridWidget present in
ktp-common-internals/Widgets/contact-grid-widget.*

However this, as the name suggests, provides a grid of contact Icons. The
widget internally uses a QListView, and sets its view mode to IconView
internally, and doesn't currently support changing the view to a ListMode.

I plan to forward the functionality of QListView to the public API of
ContactGridWidget that allows switching the view mode between ListMode &
IconMode, if possible. This might lead to making the widget's name
confusing as it
might not be exactly a Grid anymore.

So can we add this functionality and rename it to ContactViewWidget or
something?
Please make some suggestion regarding this matter.

Thanks,
Aman