Feature Freeze and Release Plan

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Sat Aug 31 12:05:04 UTC 2013

As we have some new people in the project I'd like to explain the release rules:

 - We do not release the beta until *everything* marked as blocking
milestone 0.7-beta is fixed [0]
Delays here delay the final release.

 - If you find a critical bug or a regression it should be marked as
milestone 0.7-beta.
This will potentially delay releases so it sensibly.

[0] https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?list_id=745719&query_format=advanced&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=CONFIRMED&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&product=telepathy&target_milestone=0.7-beta

Things are a bit more complicated with the libkpeople stuff. If there
are still lots of bugs blocking 0.7 which are only kpeople related I
will disable it and release anyway.

David