About calls with Skype

Alex Tsi alexhs.tsi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 22:12:54 UTC 2012

OK I searched and found out a little more.
there should be three commands to start a call in skype with dbus.

dbus-send --session --type=method_call --print-reply --dest='com.Skype.API'
/com/Skype com.Skype.API.Invoke string:NAME\ ####APPLICATION NAME HERE####

dbus-send --session --type=method_call --print-reply --dest='com.Skype.API'
/com/Skype com.Skype.API.Invoke string:PROTOCOL\ 5

dbus-send --session --type=method_call --print-reply --dest='com.Skype.API'
/com/Skype com.Skype.API.Invoke string:CALL ####CONTACT USERNAME HERE####

However i couldn't do it through terminal. I mean, with first command you give
the name of your application, and then with the second command it prints an
error 68, which means access denied. Skype is supposed to start a session dbus
and associate the name given with the window id i think. However I can't get
it to work. It works great if i do it through python. Maybe i'm doing
something wrong..