If you get a crash in message processor this week

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Wed Sep 12 22:53:20 UTC 2012

Anyone who runs KTp git latest may experience a crash. If you get this
backtrace http://paste.kde.org/548018/ read on:

Backstory:
There was a period in time when we had two extra plugins:
MessageFilter and SearchExpansion
I disabled them because they were rubbish
However because I disabled them anyone who ran latest KTp git during
that week _may_ have them installed, and therefore enabled
I recently made a binary incompatible change to the plugins, anyone
who still has the old ones lying about will get a crash as we're not
installing new versions over the top.

Solution:
delete the following files:
/ktptextui_message_filter_searchexpansion.so
/ktptextui_message_filter_formatting.so

People who use stable builds, or packages are fine.

We're hopefully fixing those plugins soon and I can just re-enable them \o/

Dave