Google Code In Tasks

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Sun Oct 21 01:17:26 UTC 2012

Do we want to take part in Google Code in [1]?

(Worth re-reading, it's changed quite a bit since last year, should be
a bit better as far as mentoring is concerned.)

If so does anyone have ideas for tasks?
Apparently a code in task is something that would take an average
contributor about 2 hours to complete.

We have to come up with ideas in any of the following areas:

Code: Tasks related to writing or refactoring code
Documentation/Training: Tasks related to creating/editing documents
and helping others learn more
Outreach/Research Tasks related to community management,
outreach/marketing or studying problems and recommending solutions
Quality Assurance: Tasks related to testing and ensuring code is of high quality
User Interface: Tasks related to user experience research or user
interface design and interaction

Remember code in is aimed at fairly unexperienced people.
Having said that Xerdomii started as a Google Code In Student, and he
turned out to be awesome.

My personal ideas:
 - Tidying the wiki (probably 2 tasks..there's a lot to do!)
 - Updating Userbase with screenshots/walkthroughs on basic tasks
 - Going through the proposed test spec we wrote

[1] http://www.google-melange.com/gci/document/show/gci_program/google/gci2012/about_page

Dave