RFC: Use dummy avatar pics instead of oxygen pawn icon

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 14:53:30 UTC 2012

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 3:40 PM, Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org> wrote:

> What about discussing with the oxygen team?

Sure, why not (though I don't intend to change the oxygen icon, just don't
use it).

> BTW, have we considered fetching avatars from different places, such as
> gravatar?

We have sometime ago afair, but that was for non-nepomuk contacts. With the
nepomuk stuff in place we don't have a proper place for that just yet
(nepomuk feeder? kpeople? akonadi?). In fact I just discussed with Alex
that we should for example fetch facebook avatars separately, because
telepathy provides the avatars only and only if the contact is/has been
online. But gnome faces the same problem with this in folks and I saw some
proposed solution on how to make the avatars available offline, not sure
what has happened with it though.

--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer