Kraziness!

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Sun May 13 08:49:14 UTC 2012

Martin and I have been fixing lots of issues from Krazy the KDE source
code checker.

One of them I think is a false-positive. I.e Krazy is telling us we're
doing something wrong when actually we're not.

http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/krazy/reports/extragear/network/telepathy/index.html

"ktp-kded-module/contact-request-handler.cpp: line# 190 (1)
A few Qt methods should be avoided because they don't work as expected
or because you need to really be an expert to use them correctly.
http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/API_to_Avoid for more information."

Which is here:
http://lxr.kde.org/source/extragear/network/telepathy/ktp-kded-module/contact-request-handler.cpp#190

Could someone clever double check this for me before I report a bug to
the people in charge of the tests?

 I think it's misinterpreting the weak pointer and therefore just
assuming we're calling QSystemTrayIcon::showMessage().. *shrug*

Dave