Telepathy setup for KDE multiplayer games

Daniele E. Domenichelli daniele.domenichelli at gmail.com
Fri May 11 12:22:22 UTC 2012

Hello Harsh,

Sorry for the delay in the reply, but I've been _really_ busy in the
last few weeks, and I'll be quite busy until the end of May...

On 07/05/12 17:33, Harsh Sharma wrote:
> Actually I have made many project in Network programming and it is really
> quite easy for me to work with TCP connection set by Telepathy which can be
> use by KDE multiplayer game.
> Actually I have selected this project only because as this project is
> related to my field therefore it will not create so much difficulty for me
> to implement this and also by this I can easily get familiar with open
> source contribution in KDE.
> As I am really looking forward to start contribution in KDE it can be
> really easy and nice way to start with this project through season of KDE.

I don't know much about the Season of KDE, but I think that students are
supposed to write a project proposal like the one for GSoC...

Do you have any experience of development using qt, telepathy and/or
kde? If you don't I suggest you to start getting involved by
contributing some patch or doing some junior jobs (you can find them in
the bug tracker) to get experienced with the technologies we use, and to
do some research about Telepathy and "Telepathy Tubes" that we want to
use for that project, before you start writing the proposal.

Unfortunately I won't be available very often until the end of the
month, but you can get in contact with the other kde-telepathy
developers on #kde-telepathy on IRC or writing here on the mailing list.
Also you can contact Stefan (in CC in the email) who is libkdegames
maintainer and can help you with the kdegames part of the project.

Cheers,
  Daniele