Opinions on removing the menubar/toolbar from the text-ui

Rohan Garg rohan16garg at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 13:58:44 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 7:24 PM, David Edmundson
<david at davidedmundson.co.uk> wrote:
>> One of them *has* to go.
>
> That's not very impartial :P
Wasn't the intention, text-ui has clutter that needs to be hidden by default ;)

> Dolphin has done something clever, and that means it's accepted as a
> "standard thing KDE apps do". Lets copy that.
>
> We can't do something different from other KDE apps, without good
> reason you'd get ripped to shreds, the Dolphin method is a nice
> compromise that doesn't break anything.

Yep, I agree, but the question is more along the lines of, what do we
hide by default? The menubar or the toolbar? Which one do end users
actually use?

<snip>

Best
Rohan Garg