GSOC- Enhancement to peer-to-peer dbus-junior job

Puneet Goyal puneetgoyal08 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 12:43:16 UTC 2012

Hello,

I am a B.Tech 3rd year student pursuing Software Engineering at Delhi
Technological University, Delhi, India.

        I would like to work on the project *Enhancement to peer-to-peer
dbus.*I have read about what Telepathy-KDE is from the blog
https://gkiagia.wordpress.com/2010/09/20/what-is-telepathy-kde/ and found
it to be very interesting.
         I have a fair background in KDE as last year I worked on the
Payment Detection use-case of project Alkimia (infrastructure for common
storage and business and logic that will be used by all financial
applications in KDE) under the mentoring of KDE Developers Mr. Alvaro
Soliverez, Mr. Thomas Baumgart and Mr. Klaas Frietag.I Developed an
interface between the database on the local machine and the D-Bus using QT
framework for all the personal financial managers so that change in one of
them also gets updated in another financial managers. While working on the
project I developed fair skills in QT and Dbus. I would like to explore
more of my interest in this field by working on this project.
         I have a strong hold on programming languages like *C++, Python,
PHP and Java*. I had secured University Rank 1 in IEEE Xtreme
coding competition 2011. I have also worked on *image steganography and
java chat messenger*.

         My academic record, details of projects and work experience are
specified in my CV which can be found over here
http://dcetech.com/puneet/Puneet%20Goyal.pdf .

Before I submit my application for GSoC I wanted to do some junior jobs
related to the project, so that I got familiar with it. Can you please
suggest me some junior jobs that I could work on.

Thank you.

Regards,
Puneet Goyal
Student of B. Tech. III Year (Software Engineering)
Delhi Technological University, Delhi