0.4 release plan

Dario Freddi drf54321 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 09:06:34 UTC 2012

2012/3/14 David Edmundson <david at davidedmundson.co.uk>:
> We need to get a load of crap moved from playground to extragear.
> (TpLoggerQt, CallUi and KRunner, and contact-list-applet)
>
> How long will this take? Do we have to go through KDE Review? It would
> be silly if we have to go through KDE Review each time simply because
> we're split into multiple git modules, whereas other apps part of
> kde-workspace (for example), can add any unfinished gibberish they
> like into their giant mega-modules.

I agree with your reasoning and I think we can safely skip the review
process (although new crap in workspace usually gets reviewed, even if
through different means), I'll take care of clarifying this with
sysadmins and release managers in the next days. However, even if we
had to, remember playground vs. extragear vs. kdereview is just a mere
bureaucratic position and we can release stable versions even if our
repository is waiting in kdereview.