Telepathy setup for KDE multiplayer games GSOC 2012

Daniele E. Domenichelli daniele.domenichelli at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 10:31:03 UTC 2012

[Replying CC'ing kde-telepathy mailing list and Stefan]

On 13/03/12 18:51, .●๋•vívểkツ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am Vivek from Bangalore, India. I am a Qt developer and have recently
> been involved in KDE. I am passionate about open source development. I
> found the GSoC 2012 project: "Telepathy Setup For Multiplayer Games" very
> interesting.
>
> I am very much interested to work on this project for GSoC 2012. Can you
> please guide me on how to go about this project.
>
> I am passionate about networking, gaming, would love to develop games.
>
> I would be glad if you could share some of your views on this and any
> specific thing you want to see in Telepathy and this project in particular.
>
> Thank you for your time,
>
> Vivek
> IRC: pvivek (#kde-telepathy, #kde-devel, #pes-os)

Hello Vivek,

David already replied you about the other project, so my suggestion is
basically the same...

1) You will need to do some research about this project (hint: we
discussed about it in kde-telepathy mailing list so you can search the
archives), start learning about Telepathy and about Tubes (StreamTubes
and DBusTubes), get familiar with Telepathy-Qt and with KTp source code,
have a look at kde-games source code and find out what
you could do in kde-games during your GSoC (Stefan is probably the
person that can help you for this).

2) Start coding, sending patches and show us some of your code. This
will give you some experience, will show us that you can actually
succeed in GSoC, and will help your project during the evaluation phase

3) Make a plan for what you want to implement, how you want to do it and
how much time you think it will take. Write the project early and
discuss it with us on the mailing list or on irc before the deadline.

  Daniele