GSOC 2012 idea

Abhishek Sood A soodabhi7 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 01:27:53 UTC 2012

I am trying to work on the junior jobs. I am trying to install the
 KDE-telepathy on my machine that KDE plasma desktop on Ubuntu 11.10. Also
I am using kdevelop as IDE.

Source:  ftp://kde.mirrors.tds.net/pub/kde/unstable/kde-telepathy/0.3.0/src/

However I get the following errors. Can you please help me with that.

*1) ktp-contact-applet *
*
*
*    *http://pastebin.com/qZLqaRhZ

*2)* *ktp-contact-list-0.3.0*
*
*
    http://pastebin.com/BJFYUVqk*
*

*3)* *ktp-presence-applet-0.3.0*
*   *
   http://pastebin.com/D2PFJSNF*
*

*4)* *ktp-send-file-0.3.0*
*
*
   http://pastebin.com/DVFze6h2

*5)* *ktp-text-ui-0.3.0*

    http://pastebin.com/nBHZPzSx

Thanks,

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 3:56 PM, David Edmundson <david at davidedmundson.co.uk
> wrote:

> 2012/2/12 Abhishek Sood A <soodabhi7 at gmail.com>:
> > HI,
> >
> > I would like to know if there are any plans and possibility of
> integrating
> > kde-telepathy with KWord/calligra? It would be helpful in knowing if
> others
> > are viewing the same document i.e. similar to google docs / MS
> lync+MSWord
> > integration. My understanding of the implementation and feasibility is
> > little and I appreciate your time for giving a feedback.
> >
> I would really like to do some sort of collaboration in GSOC.
>
> Though I agree with Martin that KWord is a much bigger task than we
> can do in 3 months. I had a cheeky chat with a KWord guy at FOSDEM,
> there is talk of collaboration in KWord being done in the future. When
> mentioned Telepathy, they had a sort of "well if you want that to set
> the channel up, maybe then .. but later".
>
> We've currently discussed, simple text editor/basket/KDE games/any
> other stuff all of these being a bit more viable.
>
> If you want a GSOC place it really helps if you can show us you're
> committed to open source, KDE and above all are awesome at coding :-D.
> GSOC places are very competitive, so it helps if know you. We have
> some junior jobs to get started in hacking on KDE Telepathy.
>

> https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&product=telepathy&long_desc_type=substring&long_desc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=junior-jobs&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=substring&email1=&emailassigned_to2=1&emailreporter2=1&emailcc2=1&emailtype2=substring&email2=&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&votes=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&cmdtype=doit&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=
>
> Hope to hear from you!
>
> > I have mailed Martin from kde-telepathy (cced) regarding the same.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > --
> > Abhishek Sood A
> > Graduate Masters Student