KTp Contact runner

Daniele E. Domenichelli daniele.domenichelli at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 11:49:41 UTC 2012

On 12/03/12 11:38, Dario Freddi wrote:
>> >  1) We no longer use "org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Client.KDE.TextUi" as the
>> >  handler identifier, use "org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Client.KTp.TextUi"
>> >  instead, same for filetransfer - replace "KDE" with "KTp" (and watch out for
>> >  the general capitalization, we use KTp, you use KTP sometimes) As for calls
>> >  (audio/video) - we currently don't really support calls; while it's cool to
>> >  have it ready, I'd comment it out for the time being.
> Nitpick - we should expose these values through constants or such in
> our public API, pretty much like tp-qt does. Magic strings in client
> applications are definitely not desirable.

I was thinking about some API in common-internals, that instead of
having them as constant, make them configurable, defaulting to our
components or to any other installed handler if our is not installed.
Even though there is no way to configure it (the only way is to edit
manually the config file), the approver partially does that (see
ktp-approver/src/handlewithcaller.cpp:38), we should move that in common
and use it in every component (it would be great if we could do this in
time for 0.4)

>> >  Otherwise I'm happy to put it into the 0.4 release.
> ++, thanks!

+1 from me too!
Thanks a lot!

Daniele