GSoC 2012 Project Idea

Daniele E. Domenichelli daniele.domenichelli at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 23:28:42 UTC 2012

[Replying CC'ing the Mailing List and Stefan]

On 01/03/12 15:26, Arjun Basu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am Arjun Basu , an undergraduate engineering student from India. I am
> interested in contributing and I have contributed some patches in
> Kdegames. I saw the KDE GSoC ideas page regarding "Telepathy setup for
> KDE multiplayer games". Will you be willing to mentor me?

Hello Arjun,

Thanks for your interest in "Telepathy setup for KDE multiplayer games"
GSoC project! You have contributed some patches in kde-games and David
told me that you came on #kde-telepathy to ask for junior jobs, so
that's a really good start ;)

I suggest you to start learning something about Telepathy [1],
Stream/Dbus Tubes, familiarize with kde-telepathy code and find out what
you could do in kde-games during your GSoC (Stefan is probably the
person that can help you for this), in order to be able to write a
"kick-ass proposal for GSoC[2]

Feel free to ping me on #kde-telepathy if you have any question, we have
several junior jobs and other stuff you can help with if you want, so we
can get to know you a bit better, while you get to know our code and how
Telepathy works...

Regards,
  Daniele

[1]http://gnomejournal.org/article/86/telepathy-overview