KDE voice/video communication abstraction?

George Goldberg grundleborg at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 15 19:28:18 UTC 2012

On 15 June 2012 20:23, Emmanuel Lepage
<emmanuel.lepage at savoirfairelinux.com> wrote:
> Ok, so ConnectionManagers can support all features, configuration, parent/child communication node? Can I re-use some of my Qt/C++ code or I really have to go GObject + C? Do you have advices for me, good example (I found a few like this one http://cgit.freedesktop.org/telepathy/telepathy-salut/tree/src/connection-manager.c http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/doc/book/sect.connection.connection-manager.html). Is it a case of "the documentation is the code" or is there a step by step page to introduce me to ConnectionManagers and telepathy design.

The telepathy book I believe is focused on writing clients (that page
you've linked is part of the client side-library, so on the other side
of the abstraction layer to connection managers).  All the connection
managers that I know of are written in C/GObject, but there's nothing
theoretically stopping you writing one in Qt.  It's just that a lot of
the convenience and helper code that's in the telepathy glib library
won't be available to you.  However, Olli or George K would know far
more than me about how hard it would be to write a connection manager
in Qt, so I'll leave it to them to comment officially.

--
George