KDE voice/video communication abstraction?

George Kiagiadakis kiagiadakis.george at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 00:59:07 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 11:43 PM, David Edmundson
<david at davidedmundson.co.uk> wrote:
> From the sounds of it, what you want to do is best done as a
> ConnectionManager.
>
> http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/
> http://gnomejournal.org/article/86/telepathy-overview
> http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/spec/index.html
>
> Right now ConnectionManagers can only be implemented in glib, however
> Qt bindings for that are imminent (maybe already available). Perhaps
> gkiagia can update the situation on this.

There is some limited support for writing CMs in telepathy-qt master,
but there are many important things missing, so the only way to make
it work properly is to use the low-level APIs and implement most of
the logic yourself, so I wouldn't consider this a good choice for
real-world usage, yet.