Facebook (and other) XMPP workaround

Krzysiek G goviczek at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 22:23:04 UTC 2012

2012/6/13 Martin Klapetek <martin.klapetek at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 11:40 PM, Krzysiek G <goviczek at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Some time ago Facebook remove groups support in XMPP
>>  https://developers.facebook.com/bugs/285769454799737
>> There is also similar problem with other sosial network
>>
>> Currently it is no problem but it will be with metacontacts and local
>> contact storage.
>>
>> I have idea of workaround.
>

> What exactly is the problem you're trying to solve?

In Kopete when I have metacontact with Facebook account it's group is
overwritten with constant group "Facebook Friends" What worse, it is
propagated to other accounts with group support.  Same problem could
be in KTP with Nepomuk contact/metacontact data storage.

I wanted to mention that problem to keep it in mind during
implementing metacontacts.