Nepomuk pimo:Person discussion

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Thu Jul 19 15:35:56 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 9:43 AM, Daniele E. Domenichelli
<daniele.domenichelli at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 17/07/12 17:20, David Edmundson wrote:
>>
>> Would love to see a section on which apps would use metacontacts, and
>> exactly what information each app actually needs to extract, and what
>> actions they need to do from a pure end user perspective. Every time we
>> argue on KTp about the design of this it's because we haven't a united
>> decision on what we're actually trying to build.
>

> I started a "Use cases" section in the page[1], please contribute ;)

Nice start.

I've added a lot more to it, and given it a different vibe/higher
level. I'm trying not to collect the requirements of what should be in
nepomuk, but for all interacting with people/contacts in our
application / other consumers of PIMO:Person. This does not mean all
the requirements there should be in nepomuk/kpeople, in fact the main
point of this is to work out what should/shouldn't go where.

Please note next time we have a discussion on whether "IM capabilities
should be in nepomuk" (for example), we will be referring to these
requirements, if your requirement is not in this list it will mess up
your argument. So make sure you add to it.

We will still have to debate these requirements at some point, to make
sure we all agree before we can move forward.

Probably best not to debate too much on the wiki page, as it gets
really messy when we do that. If we can bring discussions into this ML
or IRC do them there and only keep a summary on the wiki.

Vishesh, if this list is taking over your nice wiki page, feel free to
move it and provide a link. (or poke me to)