Nepomuk pimo:Person discussion

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Tue Jul 17 15:20:25 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 4:10 PM, Vishesh Handa <me at vhanda.in> wrote:

> Hey everyone
>
> During Akademy we had a discussion on how we should be using pimo:Persons
> in order to implement meta-contacts, cause the ontologies aren't crystal
> clear.
>
> I've written down a short summary over here [1]. Could the interested
> people please take a look and discuss the remaining points. It's only once
> the ontology discussions are over can we move on to implementing
> meta-contacts.
>
> Thanks
>
> [1] http://community.kde.org/Projects/Nepomuk/Pimo_Person_Discussion
>
> Thanks for getting this all written down and documented.

Re-iterating what I've said countless times: Use-cases and UI need to be
designed before you "move on to implementing meta-contacts.".

You can't come up with a good design for anything until you've worked out
what the goals you're aiming for are.

Would love to see a section on which apps would use metacontacts, and
exactly what information each app actually needs to extract, and what
actions they need to do from a pure end user perspective. Every time we
argue on KTp about the design of this it's because we haven't a united
decision on what we're actually trying to build.

Dave