0.3 - done. Time for 0.4!

Daniele E. Domenichelli daniele.domenichelli at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 00:59:56 UTC 2012

Yeah yeah, thanks thanks! Now both of you get back to work :D
Just kidding, thank you all! We rock!

Now let's start talking about the 0.4 :D
A couple of ideas for the release cycle:

1) Let's keep track of the new features so that it will be easier to
write the release announcement... I already started a pad here [1],
please take the time to add a line when you push some new feature or
when you fix some important bug. Also don't forget to blog!

2) common-internals is now a library, but it's not api/abi stable so
let's break it, clean and refactor stuff and try to make it look as much
as possible like a real library before 0.4, and try to have at least a
part of it "stable" for 0.5! Anyway since we have several modules using
it, if we want to have an 0.4 release, I suggest we have a
common-internals mini-freeze a few weeks before the freeze for the other
repos. No api break allowed during that freeze, but new methods and
classes are allowed. What do you think?

Cheers,
  Daniele

[1]http://kde-telepathy.notes.kde.org/4