0.4 release plan

Daniele E. Domenichelli daniele.domenichelli at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 01:42:45 UTC 2012

On 23/02/12 01:54, David Edmundson wrote:
> I suggest we review this a few days before the hard freeze and see how
> close everything actually is.

+1

I was quite busy and I have a few reviews (display name and icon stuff)
that I would like to finish before 0.4

I also would like to add to the release plan (if possible and if I [or
any other volounteer] have time to implement them)

* Configuration for ConnectAutomatically (as just discussed on IRC)
* Metadata about sender/receiver for file transfer
* Sending multiple files as one tarball (extracted on the other side)

About the kipi-plugin I still have to talk with digikam developers...

And if Dario's DBusTubes branch will be merged (and he promised it will
be soon), I'd like to try to port KWhiteboard to use that, it would be
nice to release it as a "demo" together with 0.4, just to let people
know the amazing stuff that you can do with DBusTubes ;)

By the way, having to change the version in all the repositories every
time that we increment the version sucks, and I'm quite sure that we
forgot some in the past, can we install some file like
KDE4Defaults.cmake from common-internals and get the version from there?

Daniele