0.4 release plan

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 00:45:00 UTC 2012

Hey all,

time moves quickly and we're getting close to 0.4 release time. Here's the
plan:

 * Feature freeze on 17th March
 * String freeze on 24th March
 * Hard freeze on 31th March
 * Release on 14th April

Sadly the development has been a bit stale lately, so I'd like to encourage
all of you to bash some code. Now we're part of Extragear and distros are
picking us up, even replacing Kopete. We still have a looong way ahead of
us, so let's get kicking!

We're having several new features for 0.4, namely:

 * Chat plasmoid
 * Contact list plasmoid
 * History viewer
 * Nepomuk feeder/service
 * KIPI Plugin?
 * Brace yourselves...video calling with Call1
 * Possibly metacontacts

Now those two last points are not 100% sure, but work is greatly set to
have them so...Get to your code editors!

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer