Setting sane defaults

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 13:07:30 UTC 2012

Hey all,

I'd like to change some default settings in ktp based on Fedora packagers
input. Mainly these three:

1) Open contact list when clicking presence plasmoid by default
    -- currently it does "Do nothing"
    -- 1a) - remove this option altogether - choices are "Do nothing",
"Open contact list", "Open accounts manager" -- imho it does not make much
sense to open accounts manager from systray presence controlling applet.
Besides this option is in the context menu as well. So my proposal is -
remove this "what to do on click" option and default to open contact list.

2) Use compact delegate in contact list. It just looks better.

3) Use KDE's Download dir for file transfer and remove this option from
kcm. This was a suggestion and I personally have no strong feelings either
way. The rationale is being that you already set Download dir in Account
Details -> Paths, so it's quite redundant. Obviously you might want to save
your FT files elsewhere so...I just don't know.

What do you think?

--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer