telepathy-qt4 tutorial

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Thu Feb 16 13:16:04 UTC 2012

You may as well just help us with ours :)

The current state is a bit of a mess, Telepathy (upstream) is moving
to to a different dbus spec for calls, which means the Telepathy-Qt
code needs to be updated and isn't. As it's changing upstream we
haven't really done a lot on our stuff as we don't want to have to
rewrite it.

Call bindings (old spec) are in a package called telepathy-qt4-yell:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/telepathy/telepathy-qt4-yell/

This doesn't compile against the latest TpQt, I believe one of us has
patches for that.

Our initial sample code (from the old spec is here)
https://projects.kde.org/projects/playground/network/telepathy/ktp-call-ui

I don't know how much difference there is between Media and Call1, or
if we're going to have to update TpQt bindings ourselves.

Are you developing it as a fun hobby project, or part of a real project?

Join our mailing list, this definitely won't be the only thread on this.

David