Importing TpQtLogger into our repos

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Tue Feb 7 23:45:42 UTC 2012

Just put in my sysadmin repo request.

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 2:36 PM, George Kiagiadakis
<kiagiadakis.george at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 3:12 PM, Dario Freddi <drf54321 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2012/1/31 George Kiagiadakis <kiagiadakis.george at gmail.com>:
>>> Regarding the API, I wouldn't consider it so stable. First of all, it
>>> is based on QtGLib from QtGStreamer, which is not yet meant to be
>>> public for other libraries.

I found this the other day:

 http://quickgit.kde.org/index.php?p=scratch%2Fsanfilippo%2Ftelepathy-logger-query.git&a=tree&hb=9c92aa6ba90e8799e2c3941cfc0eb49f338974f0

It's a version of telepathy-logger-qt that doesnt use QtGlib, I think
part of George G's GSOC project years ago that never really went
anywhere. It's manual bindings so a lot more effort to maintain, but
generally pretty sound.

If you really feel, for whatever reason that using a version based on
QtGlib is bad, I could finish this code then port my apps to use it
instead.

Though personally I feel that the QtGlib binding version we have is
working absolutely fine.

Dave