The Contact List Applet

Daniele E. Domenichelli daniele.domenichelli at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 08:01:54 UTC 2012

Hi!

On Wednesday 19 December 2012 16:55:15 David Edmundson wrote:
> What would the icon be?

telepathy-kde-contact-list? Just let the artists figure out this...

>  - Do we want to show groups? What's a good way to use a TreeView
> in QML.

I think we do want to show groups, or at list an option to show the
whole contact list or just one group. I'd like to be able to add a
couple of them to my panel and have 2 separate "contact lists" for the 2
groups...
Later I really think we should have a 3rd option to show the contacts
you usually talk to (perhaps using zeitgeist and activities).

On 19/12/12 18:30, David Edmundson wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 5:06 PM, Francesco Nwokeka
> <francesco.nwokeka at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wednesday 19 December 2012 16:55:15 David Edmundson wrote:
>>>  - Do we want call/video/send file buttons?
>>
>> Yes
>
> I'm not convinced. I have never started a file transfer without
> starting a chat first (normally to say "hey, I'm about to send you a
> file"). If someone sent me a file without starting a chat, I'd be
> confused.

It does happen to me sometimes, I start a chat with someone, then I say
something like "I'll finish this and I'll send you the file", then I
close the chat and perhaps a few hours later the file is ready and I
send it without reopening a new chat.
So I'd like to be able to do it, but I agree that we might not want a
button, a right mouse button menu would work...

Cheers,
 Daniele