Disabling presence control when no network is available

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 03:01:38 UTC 2012

Hey all,

me and David brainstormed the presence handling a bit and we came up with
the idea of disabling the presence controls when you have no network. This
way we can supress all errors when there is no network and prevent
situations when Tp gets stucked in a connecting state even if you have no
network. I did small testing patch and here is how the contact list would
look if you have no network:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6761102/presence_offline.png

It watches Solid::Networking states and changes whenever Solid signals
network un/availability.

The presence plasmoid would be changed in a similar way - presence actions
would be replaced with "No network connection" and some actions disabled
accordingly ("Join chat room" etc).

What do you think?

--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer