Review Request: [logviewer] Add actions to clear account and contact logs

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Mon Aug 27 01:13:27 UTC 2012

Can't reply on review board, because RB is broken. However I wrote all this
review out and I don't want to lose it.

Don't do this.

1) Sync calls are bad

2) Tp has a special way of generating Dbus bindings, where you provide an
XML file and it magically builds everything. This already exists in the
TpLoggerQt. If you open (in your build folder) _gen/cli-logger.h you will
find it actually has these calls.

They should still be wrapped in the LogManager, just like you've done, but
instead we should keep an instance of the auto generated LoggerInterface
and use that. Also calls should be wrapped in Tp::PendingOperation

so we get something like

clearAccountHistory(account)
{
 return Tp::PendingVoid(m_interface->ClearAccount(account->objectPath()),
account);
}

For any other project this would be absolutely fine, but TpQt has their own
special way, so we should follow that.

I should have mentioned it in the bug, but I didn't think about it till now.