Global Presence

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 09:29:06 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 23:53, David Edmundson
<david at davidedmundson.co.uk>wrote:

> All the above plan doesn't work:
>
> The problem:
>  - We always (on advice from Empathy guys too) show the global
> presence as the "highest presence of all accounts". However this
> breaks using extended-away with local XMPP enabled.
> If we select extended away, local-xmpp (in MC) falls back to simply
> "away". Away is higher than anything extended away so your global
> presence now shows up as "away".
> This is makes for a very confusing UI where it appears to select
> something different to what you pressed, not cool.

How about setting it to something like 'Mixed' and showing some warning
somewhere saying "Sorry, that account does not support this presence, we set
the rest to your required status". Nevertheless it still breaks the global
presence concept, but in a more user-friendly way. IMHO.

--
Marty K.